Newsspecng

Kogi : Gas Explosion Burnt Family Members Displaced By Flood 

Related Posts

No Fewer than Four person’s have been hospitalized at the Federal Medical Center, Lokoja, after suffering burns caused by gas cylinder explosion.

The family of four was displaced by the River Niger flood.

The victims are Musa Aminat, Muhammed Musa, Abdulsalam Hadizat and Halimat Sadiya.

It was learnt that the incident happened on Wednesday, September 28 at the victims’ new abode at Adankolo, a suburb of Lokoja where flood victims relocated to.

They were trying to fix a gas cylinder to cook when it exploded and inflicted life-threatening burns on them, NewsSpecng learnt.

One of the victim’s relatives, Godwin Wanbebe said,“Shortly, after settling down in their new temporary abode, the victims decided to prepare something to eat.  So, they brought out their gas cylinder and lit it. The cylinder exploded immediately.

 “The explosion of the gas cylinder was attributed to the hurried manner in which they packed their belongings to avoid being taken over by water. Probably the cylinder was leaking and led to the explosion.”

Wanbebe stated that the family had spent all it had on the victims’ treatment and urged members of the public to assist in paying their hospital bills.

 

.Ends

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts

Thanks for subscribing to our newsletter